Envelop Group is a family of companies focused on the design, installation, and ongoing optimization of custom facility technologies that impact every square foot of a building's operations. We work with contractors, building owners, and consulting engineers to provide all the technologies needed for the most advanced, efficient, and secure operation of any facility.
The HVAC Service Technician is responsible for servicing existing HVAC systems in our customer base, fulfilling contractual obligations under service agreements, performing equipment start-ups, and providing service and warranty support for specialized and custom HVAC equipment. You'll be joining an existing team of Service Technicians, though you will work independently much of the time. A company vehicle, tools, and mobile phone are provided to ensure you are well equipped for the job.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive pay with additional incentives based on your role
- Company vehicle, cell phone, laptop, and tools for business use
- 9 paid holidays each year
- 15 PTO days each year pro-rated based on hire date
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, 401k contribution, tuition reimbursement, and wellness benefits
- Ongoing employee engagement activities to promote a team atmosphere
- Continual on-the-job and formal training including certification opportunities
What you'll do:
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance, inspections, site surveys, and service requests including replacement, and modifications of equipment or systems as needed or requested by customers.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot diverse HVAC and mechanical issues, ensuring all failed components are identified.
- Support project transition from installation team through warranty into service period.
- Conduct factory authorized equipment startups and warranty services.
- Continually enforce safety to the highest standards and maintain security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Organize and comply with all pertinent documentation needed on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to successfully manage the businesses required reports.
- Travel to job sites in service area, and work with Service Manager to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
- Display team effort and dedication to customers by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weekends as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays.
Required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; mechanical, electrical, or related technical degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience performing installation and/or maintenance of commercial HVAC systems.
- Refrigerant CFC 608 Certification.
- Working knowledge of chillers, boilers, air handlers, fan coil units, water treatment equipment, controls, and other building mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude including but not limited to ductwork, mechanical equipment, mechanical piping, variable frequency drives, chillers, boilers, and pumps.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and decisive judgement skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances, including but not limited to standing, walking, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment; working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to satisfy requirements imposed by specific projects, customers, or company needs including to be vaccinated for the flu and/or Covid-19, and subject to all applicable laws.
- Must be able to use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without the need for employer-based sponsorship currently or in the future.